NOTICE: The Browser you're using may not be supported by Palesomething. If you believe this to be in error, please check your browser's User Agent settings.
Supports Pale Moon [31.0 - 31.*].
✉️ E-Mail the Developer Source Code ⚖️ GPL 2.0
Palesomething is free software supported by donations, not advertisements.
Donations for September:
Additional Funding for October: $11.45
If you find this software useful, please support it!This month's service was provided by:
💸 Make a Donation
- $30.00: 3 Anonymous Contributors
- With help from August:
- $8.98: An Anonymous Contributor
All your branding are belong to Palesomething.
This extension will give Pale Moon an identity crisis by generating a new randomized browser name every time you open a new window. Confuse your friends and family with names like "Intel Firebadger" and "Xerox Poweroyster". It's as fun as you want it to be!
- Modifies the product name in the browser titlebar and Help menu.
- Generates random names using multiple name lists.
- Allows you to have a new name generated for each browser window, or use the same name for all windows.
- Keyboard shortcut Ctrl+` (grave accent) in the browser window generates a new product name.
- Adds about:firesomething, a passage from the Extended Edition of the Book of Mozilla.
Palesomething is a port of Firesomething for Pale Moon. This extension was originally written by Michael O'Rourke
Since Firesomething's final
release for Firefox
in May of 2007, Mozilla has abandoned its own technologies in favor of poor parody of Google's protocols (WebExtensions), leaving many developers, including this one, disillusioned with the direction the Mozilla is taking. In contrast, Pale Moon
has stepped into place as an XUL-centric browser, keeping backward compatibility better
than Mozilla's own flagship project. Palesomething was ported to Pale Moon to bring back some of that early optimism which Firefox has long since lost.
Palesomething is free
for use or modification without limitation. It is released under the GNU General Public License with no warranty or guarantee of any kind. That being said, you can still ask any questions
in the Comments
section below, or contact me
directly for assistance.