Mouse Manager Comments

Back to Mouse ManagerList of Comment Boards

cactus
Apr 1, 6:15 AM
 I can't seem to get Mouse Manager to change mouse4 and mouse5 on my Intellimouse Pro. Is this mouse not supported?

Apr 1, 7:19 AM
 The program automatically pauses itself if the configuration window is actually open. Please make sure the program is running in the system tray, but not actually open.

cactus
Apr 1, 7:27 AM
 It is indeed in the system tray without the configuration window open. I even ended the task in Task Manager and restarted it to make sure.

Apr 1, 7:37 AM
 Double-check the program is enabled (if you right-click the tray icon, the "Enable" menu item should be checked) and make sure you don't have any other mouse software running. If you use the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center, it will likely overwrite the behavior of Mouse Manager unless Thumb Forward Button and Thumb Backward Button are both set to their defaults, and even then, I'm not sure how Microsoft has approached their new generation of mice. If they use a complete firmware, then the buttons are literally reassigned to new signals, but if they either capture-and-replace like Mouse Manager does or use some more complicated internal system (which, being Microsoft, they can and likely would), then all bets are off.

cactus
Apr 1, 7:43 AM
 In the configuration window, "Enable Mouse Manager" is checked.
 I used Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center, but it was laggy garbage and forgot my button assignments as soon as I restarted my computer. I uninstalled it, but maybe it left something behind that's interfering.

Apr 2, 11:20 PM
 I wrote a very simple little program that just detects the two extra buttons being pressed: <https://uploads.realityripple.com/Projects/MouseMonitor.zip>. If the states say "Active" when you press the extra buttons, then Mouse Manager should function correctly. Otherwise, some other application or firmware is reassigning the buttons and getting in the way.

cactus
Apr 3, 2:17 AM
 Thank you! Unfortunately, both still say 'Inactive' when the buttons are pressed. I guess I'll just have to live with it. I appreciate the help.

cactus
Apr 3, 5:39 AM
 Good news! I reinstalled MMKC just to reset the settings that it had neglected to remove from my computer, and now Mouse Manager works. (And Mouse Monitor also worked :) ). Again, thanks for your help.

Apr 3, 10:46 AM
 Glad you were able to track the issue down. I figured it was something along those lines.

prueva
Feb 28, 1:23 PM
 es con b en verdad

Interiorhood
Feb 14, 9:10 PM
 sadly it does not detect my mouse's extra keys (not including the ones just for effecting how the mouse looks)

Feb 15, 12:38 PM
 Mice with more than the standard 5 buttons often come with proprietary control software, which usually rewrite the actual signals the mouse will send to your computer. Mouse Manager relies on the mouse buttons being in their default state, which are often referred to as "Extra Button 1 and 2" or "Button 4 and 5".

JcB
Jan 23, 3:57 PM
 My mouse has the button closest to the front (button 4 I assume) assigned to Back and the other (button 5) assigned to Forward. I just want to switch the assignments, but I cannot find a way to do that.

Jan 23, 7:09 PM
 I'm afraid Mouse Manager and Advanced Mouse Manager only have the option to emulate keyboard keys, not mouse buttons.

Mike
Mar 10, 11:42 AM
 you can by using the page up and page down button on the top right of your keyboard

me