Mouse Manager Comments

Back to Mouse ManagerList of Comment Boards

Mr. Chang
Jan 20, 10:33 AM
 Could I set mouse button 4 to middle-mouse click? Because my mouse's middle button is double-clicking. :)It seemed that I could only assign keyboard keys ....

Jan 20, 12:37 PM
 I'm afraid Mouse Manager only has the option to emulate keyboard keys, not mouse buttons.

Mr. Chang
Jan 21, 8:17 AM
 Thank you!!

stranger
Jan 17, 12:26 AM
 for some reason it's not working, I also tried the -active or inactive- program you wrote and it shows active for both! I am using 'Lenovo Ideapad M100 RGB Gaming Mouse'

Jan 17, 12:41 AM
 Mouse Manager automatically pauses itself if the configuration window is open. Please make sure the program is running in the system tray, but not actually open.

Nick
Jun 15 2020, 11:08 PM
 Test

JonS
May 7 2020, 9:23 AM
 Weirdly, Mouse Manger seems to ignore the first key set in the profile string, so to get for instance ctrl-c on a button I have to set the profile string to "control control c" - other than that it works perfectly

cactus
Apr 1 2020, 6:15 AM
 I can't seem to get Mouse Manager to change mouse4 and mouse5 on my Intellimouse Pro. Is this mouse not supported?

Apr 1 2020, 7:19 AM
 The program automatically pauses itself if the configuration window is actually open. Please make sure the program is running in the system tray, but not actually open.

cactus
Apr 1 2020, 7:27 AM
 It is indeed in the system tray without the configuration window open. I even ended the task in Task Manager and restarted it to make sure.

Apr 1 2020, 7:37 AM
 Double-check the program is enabled (if you right-click the tray icon, the "Enable" menu item should be checked) and make sure you don't have any other mouse software running. If you use the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center, it will likely overwrite the behavior of Mouse Manager unless Thumb Forward Button and Thumb Backward Button are both set to their defaults, and even then, I'm not sure how Microsoft has approached their new generation of mice. If they use a complete firmware, then the buttons are literally reassigned to new signals, but if they either capture-and-replace like Mouse Manager does or use some more complicated internal system (which, being Microsoft, they can and likely would), then all bets are off.

cactus
Apr 1 2020, 7:43 AM
 In the configuration window, "Enable Mouse Manager" is checked.
 I used Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center, but it was laggy garbage and forgot my button assignments as soon as I restarted my computer. I uninstalled it, but maybe it left something behind that's interfering.

Apr 2 2020, 11:20 PM
 I wrote a very simple little program that just detects the two extra buttons being pressed: <https://uploads.realityripple.com/Projects/MouseMonitor.zip>. If the states say "Active" when you press the extra buttons, then Mouse Manager should function correctly. Otherwise, some other application or firmware is reassigning the buttons and getting in the way.

cactus
Apr 3 2020, 2:17 AM
 Thank you! Unfortunately, both still say 'Inactive' when the buttons are pressed. I guess I'll just have to live with it. I appreciate the help.

cactus
Apr 3 2020, 5:39 AM
 Good news! I reinstalled MMKC just to reset the settings that it had neglected to remove from my computer, and now Mouse Manager works. (And Mouse Monitor also worked :) ). Again, thanks for your help.

Apr 3 2020, 10:46 AM
 Glad you were able to track the issue down. I figured it was something along those lines.