Mouse Manager Comments (Page 5)

Back to Mouse ManagerList of Comment Boards

Alex
Aug 20 2016, 2:47 PM
 The program ran the first time, but now it doesn't. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

Aug 21 2016, 7:03 AM
 Please check your system tray (next to your clock) for a mouse icon. After Mouse Manager has been set up, it runs as a tray icon on startup instead of showing the Main window again. If you can't find it and want to completely reset your settings, Mouse Manager stores settings in the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RealityRipple Software\MouseManager. You can just delete the whole "MouseManager" key to erase your settings.

Joe
Jul 30 2016, 4:06 PM
 Hmm this doesn't seem to be working for me? Devastator 2 mouse

Jul 31 2016, 1:28 AM
 It doesn't look like there would be anything particularly different about that mouse. Do you have any other software in use that would take over what the fourth and fifth buttons do? Do they normally function as Back and Forward if you use them in Windows Explorer or a web browser?

Joe
Jul 31 2016, 5:01 AM
 Hi, no other programs are running in the background. And yes, the buttons normally function as back and forward in the browser.
 I ran a quick test:

Joe
Jul 31 2016, 5:06 AM
 I set the 'forward' button to 'R' and the 'backward' button to 'Control'. Nothing worked, so I restarted my pc. I then pressed the forward button into the browser, and now as expected the key 'r' was typed. continually pressing the forward button at about 1 second intervals into the browser, sometimes a click would be missed and other times a whole bunch of 'r's would be pressed continually as if I were holding down the button, even though I wasn't. The control key set to the 'backward' button did not seem to be working, when I tried pressing 'backward button' (control) + alt + del (expecting task manager to appear, but nothing happened). When I change keys the program stops working, until I restart my computer.

Aug 1 2016, 1:21 PM
 Okay, three questions:

 How old is your computer?
 What kind of processor are you running?
 Is your mouse connected through any adapters or using a special port?

Joe
Aug 1 2016, 1:47 PM
 1) About 2-3 years old laptop, still going strong
 2) Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3230M CPU @2.6GHz
 3) Connected through usb. Tried it on all 3 usb ports and still not working. The way it seems to work (slightly) on startup but then stop all together when I try edit something makes me think there is something in the background interfering? The program opens up so I don't think it is being blocked. Tested with firewall turned off, no improvement.

Joe
Aug 1 2016, 1:54 PM
 UPDATE: Ok so I was looking at all the processes running on task manager and I noticed something called "pximouse.exe". I assume it is a virus of some kind, but anyways since I ended that process the mouse manager seems to be working perfectly! Very interesting. I will research more about what that "pximouse.exe" is.

Joe
Aug 1 2016, 2:34 PM
 After much googling, it appears that pximouse doesn't seem to be a virus. Things seem to be working fine now, however in one instance of running the program with the side button set to alt, pressing alt + f4 with the side button caused my keyboard to stop working. I had to restart my pc. Other than that the program appears to be working correctly now. Also, thank you for the help. Have you ever experienced the keyboard stops working when this mouse manager is running?

Aug 2 2016, 9:56 AM
 Occasionally the computer will stutter or lock up due to some thread blocking issues inherent in intercepting input commands, though I've tried to do my best to minimize or prevent such an event. What program did you close while testing?

Joe
Aug 2 2016, 8:29 PM
 The browser

Bryce
Jul 26 2016, 10:41 PM
 The control key doesn't seem to work on the mouse when binded.

Jul 31 2016, 1:28 AM
 Control is one of the keys I use most often with this program. What application are you trying to use it with and for what purpose?

Owen
Jul 10 2016, 9:50 AM
 It cant be downloaded to a mac.

Jul 11 2016, 3:26 AM
 Sorry, Mouse Manager is for Windows only.

JohnW
Jun 19 2016, 12:17 PM
 another well known X mouse manager stopped SCROLLING with new version. THIS saved the day !