Pat
Sep 22, 10:55 AM
 I just got a new computer. I downloaded srt, but when I try to log-in, I get this error message: "Could not connect to your dns. Check your firewall and internet connection." I'm online and I turned my firewall off. I still couldn't log-in. I have Dish. Thanks.

Pat
Sep 22, 2:36 PM
 I got it to work. Please disregard my previous message. Thanks.

Sep 23, 12:04 AM
 If you wouldn't mind, what was the problem? I can include it in the error message.

Pat
Sep 26, 5:52 PM
 When I got my new computer, I downloaded SRT. When I tried to log-in, SRT couldn't connect to my server. I waited a few hours, and then I restarted my computer. SRT has worked great since that time. I think that it was a problem with Dish. I hate going to their website. SRT is so much nicer to use. Thanks!

Rick
Aug 21, 9:48 AM
 When I refresh SRT,it says that I have 0% anytime usage. There isn't any error message. I have Dish.

Rick
Aug 21, 10:29 AM
 When I refresh SRT, sometimes it does give the correct anytime usage. Most of the time,it says 0%. This started a few days ago.

Aug 21, 10:50 AM
 I'll see if I can figure out what's up. Dish likes to change things all the time.

Rick
Aug 21, 11:54 AM
 OK...Thanks. You're right about Dish. They're always screwing things up.

Aug 21, 12:45 PM
 If you wouldn't mind, please install this version: <http://uploads.realityripple.com/Projects/SRT_Setup-DNX.exe>. The only change is a line that should prompt you to send me a snapshot of your usage meter's source code whenever my program detects a "0" for the anytime usage. With that, I should be able to determine exactly what's going wrong and fix it.

Rick
Aug 21, 2:58 PM
 I downloaded the new version. When I refreshed it, anytime usage was 0%. A little box appeared asking me to click on it, and my usage information would be sent to the server. If you find the problem, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Aug 21, 3:16 PM
 Ah, it's the old "ATTRIBUTE ERROR E11" message. If you wouldn't mind doing the same thing again (downloading the installer at the same location and updating SRT with it [new version should be v1.4.171.2], running it and clicking the notice), I can see if there's some issue with the secondary meter reading code which is used when that error shows up...
 Sorry to make you do this twice, I didn't expect it to be using the fallback code.

Rick
Aug 21, 3:49 PM
 OK....I did what you asked. I don't mind doing whatever it takes to solve the problem. I really like SRT. Thanks!

Aug 21, 7:12 PM
 Alright, I've pushed up v1.4.172, which should "fail correctly" in the event the usage can't be read. I'll keep looking into why exactly that issue occurs, but I'm pretty sure it's just a Dish thing...

Rick
Aug 21, 9:04 PM
 I've installed the new version. Dish is always changing things. Thanks again.

Aug 21, 3:48 PM
 Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the secondary system is getting the same "ATTRIBUTE ERROR E11" message in place of a number for the Any Time value, so it looks like the meter is just being "spotty". I'll add some code to prevent this problem from displaying as a "0", though, as it should simply fail to update the usage. You may want to try sending usage requests less often (say every hour or two) to see if that improves the issue. I'll get a new version out to fix the "0" thing ASAP, though. Sorry again!

Rick
Aug 21, 3:52 PM
 Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Deb B.
Aug 7, 9:59 AM
 New version (1.4.16) is giving a cookie error as of last night: "The 'Domain'='my.exede.net' part of the cookie is invalid."

 Previous version of SRT worked fine. What do I do now?

Aug 7, 2:50 PM
 The new cookie parsing code wasn't as robust as it should have been. I'll be pushing out another version very soon!

Deb B.
Aug 7, 6:02 PM
 The new version (1.4.17) solved the cookie issue! Thanks again!

Pat
Aug 4, 11:30 AM
 Satellite Restriction Tracker hasn't updated in two days. When it tries to update and gets to downloading usage table, I get this message: "Usage Failed: The server rejected the request." I have Dish.

Aug 4, 2:15 PM
 I'll look into it ASAP.

Aug 4, 8:40 PM
 The problem appears to be caused by Dish's website creating a cookie that contains commas in it without the correct encoding. This causes an issue with the cookie system built into the .NET Framework. It may take some time for me to work around this.

Pat
Aug 4, 8:46 PM
 Thanks....I appreciate it.

Aug 5, 8:31 PM
 Alright, I've uploaded a new version, 1.4.16, which should hopefully take care of the problem without interfering with any other connections. If there are any issues with this version, please let me know!

Pat
Aug 5, 11:43 PM
 The new version works great. Thanks!

David
May 12, 12:35 PM
 now Restriction tracker is having problems reading data and does not update. I have Exede Internet and Windows 7

Scherry
May 12, 1:09 PM
 Installed v1.4.1 update yesterday and SRT no longer works. SRT error msg: SRT encountered data it does not understand.

May 12, 8:05 PM
 Has the problem resolved itself for both of you now? I'm keeping an eye on it, myself, but it looks like the slight change they made has been reverted again.

May 16, 3:05 AM
 Woah, okay, so the problem cropped up again. I don't trust it not to keep happening, so I'll be pushing out a new version for now.