Nick
Aug 5 2016, 2:58 PM
 Norton Security just flagged and quarantined Restrictiontracker as a security threat. I overrode it and restored it. Is there any reason to suspect SRT has been hacked?

Aug 5 2016, 9:34 PM
 Check the digital signature of the program. I sign everything with my own signature to ensure nothing's been modified. If it is safe, please report the file as a false positive.

George H
Aug 17 2016, 7:37 PM
 Same issue as Nick. Kaspersky quarantined the August update. Said there is a trojan embedded in it. Had the name but I lost it. Still using the last version without problems (Win 7)

Aug 17 2016, 11:14 PM
 Their online scanner didn't pick up on it. Please make sure your copy is also digitally signed. If the signature isn't broken, the file should be fine and if it's being reported as a virus, I'd ask you to let them know it's a false positive. If the signature has a problem, though, you might legitimately be infected with something.

Josh
Sep 26 2016, 6:29 PM
 For what it's worth, I just downloaded this and Windows Defender immediately flagged it as Trojan: Win32/Rundas!plock

 Hope that helps!

Oct 1 2016, 3:40 PM
 It seems like a few other AVs have also begun marking this version's installer as malicious. I'm trying to send it in to all the companies that are detecting it through False Positive submission forms, but it may still be a little while before things are cleared up. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Dennis
Oct 2 2016, 8:46 AM
 Kaspersky IS has flagged the following as a Trojan

 SRT_Setup 1.3.601.exe Trojan.MSIL.Agent.abybm

Oct 4 2016, 3:31 AM
 Still waiting on a response from Kaspersky and four more minor AV distributors.
 Microsoft and Fortinet have already updated their definitions and their respective softwares should no longer flag SRT's Setup, so good news for Windows 10 users!

Oct 7 2016, 10:08 PM
 Alright, Kaspersky's latest update has whitelisted SRT 1.3.601's Installer now, as has Symantec. Still waiting to hear back from a few others, but it should be cleared up soon. If you still can't update using Kasperky, go to Settings, Protection, Application Control, and click on Manage Applications under Rules for applications, personal data protection. Remove the REALITYRIPPLE SOFTWARE section from the Untrusted section by right-clicking it and hitting Remove from the list.
 I've also improved the update system in SRT to prompt you with a Retry/Cancel dialog instead mentioning the possibility of AntiVirus intervention, but that won't be until 1.3.7 is released.

Linus
Jul 18 2016, 11:49 PM
 Any news on a fix for Linux / Exede users?

Jul 19 2016, 4:32 PM
 I'm trying to write a proxy-like system using my website's server to send the TLS requests, but I can't be certain it will work... For now, your best bet on Linux, Mac, and Windows XP/Vista is the Remote Usage Service.

Jason
Jul 3 2016, 9:48 AM
 Checking in - Any update on SRT Linux?

 Looks like Mono released 4.4.1 on 6/21/16

Jul 5 2016, 2:20 PM
 The Release Notes for MONO 4.4.1 are pretty short... Even the 4.5 nightly build (which is a few months old now) doesn't have TLS 1.1 or 1.2 support yet. For now, the Remote Usage Service is an option, but I'm looking into possible temporary free alternatives, although they may be limited.

Jul 1 2016, 9:18 PM
 The day has finally arrived! My server has been updated and the new version of OpenSSL supports TLS 1.2! The Remote Usage Service will soon be up and fully functional once again! To all Windows Vista & XP users as well as all Linux and OS X users, you will be able to use the Remote Usage Service on your Operating Systems despite not having TLS 1.2 support - for anyone that isn't willing or able to pay for the service, I'm thinking of creating a more limited proxy that would allow one proxy-like connection every hour or two for free. This would not be the same as the Remote Usage Service and if it takes more than I can provide while keeping the Remote Usage Service up, it will be restricted or removed.

 Incidentally, the site downtime was due to a joke error I put into my site's code, which for some reason had a hard failure instead of a simple warning on the new version. If anyone notices any further issues while using the site, the program, or the service, please let me know!

Vkaryl
Jun 27 2016, 1:51 PM
 Due to situation with forest fire and evacuation, I'm on my laptop even though home now (don't want to set up desktop again until sure we are staying).

 I had to change my pw with wildblue, and now SRT keeps saying Login Failed: The username or password provided did not match our records.

 Does it take quite a while to update or something?

Jun 29 2016, 5:10 PM
 There are literally issues with WildBlue, Exede, RuralPortal, and DishNet right now. I'm working on each in turn, but it will take a while.

Vkaryl
Jun 29 2016, 8:54 PM
 In my case, I think it's not SRT. I think it's that exede has changed so many things lately - I haven't ever had a real login on exede since my account's always been wildblue. And they've never bothered to tell me I should change over to exede - their customer contact leaves lots to be desired.

Vkaryl
Jun 30 2016, 11:26 AM
 And - it's fine, working perfectly on my desktop. So.... don't know, but consider this a dead issue!