Rick
Aug 21 2017, 9:48 AM
 When I refresh SRT,it says that I have 0% anytime usage. There isn't any error message. I have Dish.

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 10:29 AM
 When I refresh SRT, sometimes it does give the correct anytime usage. Most of the time,it says 0%. This started a few days ago.

Aug 21 2017, 10:50 AM
 I'll see if I can figure out what's up. Dish likes to change things all the time.

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 11:54 AM
 OK...Thanks. You're right about Dish. They're always screwing things up.

Aug 21 2017, 12:45 PM
 If you wouldn't mind, please install this version: <http://uploads.realityripple.com/Projects/SRT_Setup-DNX.exe>. The only change is a line that should prompt you to send me a snapshot of your usage meter's source code whenever my program detects a "0" for the anytime usage. With that, I should be able to determine exactly what's going wrong and fix it.

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 2:58 PM
 I downloaded the new version. When I refreshed it, anytime usage was 0%. A little box appeared asking me to click on it, and my usage information would be sent to the server. If you find the problem, please let me know. Thanks for your help.

Aug 21 2017, 3:16 PM
 Ah, it's the old "ATTRIBUTE ERROR E11" message. If you wouldn't mind doing the same thing again (downloading the installer at the same location and updating SRT with it [new version should be v1.4.171.2], running it and clicking the notice), I can see if there's some issue with the secondary meter reading code which is used when that error shows up...
 Sorry to make you do this twice, I didn't expect it to be using the fallback code.

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 3:49 PM
 OK....I did what you asked. I don't mind doing whatever it takes to solve the problem. I really like SRT. Thanks!

Aug 21 2017, 7:12 PM
 Alright, I've pushed up v1.4.172, which should "fail correctly" in the event the usage can't be read. I'll keep looking into why exactly that issue occurs, but I'm pretty sure it's just a Dish thing...

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 9:04 PM
 I've installed the new version. Dish is always changing things. Thanks again.

Aug 21 2017, 3:48 PM
 Thanks for that. Unfortunately, the secondary system is getting the same "ATTRIBUTE ERROR E11" message in place of a number for the Any Time value, so it looks like the meter is just being "spotty". I'll add some code to prevent this problem from displaying as a "0", though, as it should simply fail to update the usage. You may want to try sending usage requests less often (say every hour or two) to see if that improves the issue. I'll get a new version out to fix the "0" thing ASAP, though. Sorry again!

Rick
Aug 21 2017, 3:52 PM
 Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Deb B.
Aug 7 2017, 9:59 AM
 New version (1.4.16) is giving a cookie error as of last night: "The 'Domain'='my.exede.net' part of the cookie is invalid."

 Previous version of SRT worked fine. What do I do now?

Aug 7 2017, 2:50 PM
 The new cookie parsing code wasn't as robust as it should have been. I'll be pushing out another version very soon!

Deb B.
Aug 7 2017, 6:02 PM
 The new version (1.4.17) solved the cookie issue! Thanks again!

Pat
Aug 4 2017, 11:30 AM
 Satellite Restriction Tracker hasn't updated in two days. When it tries to update and gets to downloading usage table, I get this message: "Usage Failed: The server rejected the request." I have Dish.

Aug 4 2017, 2:15 PM
 I'll look into it ASAP.

Aug 4 2017, 8:40 PM
 The problem appears to be caused by Dish's website creating a cookie that contains commas in it without the correct encoding. This causes an issue with the cookie system built into the .NET Framework. It may take some time for me to work around this.

Pat
Aug 4 2017, 8:46 PM
 Thanks....I appreciate it.

Aug 5 2017, 8:31 PM
 Alright, I've uploaded a new version, 1.4.16, which should hopefully take care of the problem without interfering with any other connections. If there are any issues with this version, please let me know!

Pat
Aug 5 2017, 11:43 PM
 The new version works great. Thanks!

David
May 12 2017, 12:35 PM
 now Restriction tracker is having problems reading data and does not update. I have Exede Internet and Windows 7

Scherry
May 12 2017, 1:09 PM
 Installed v1.4.1 update yesterday and SRT no longer works. SRT error msg: SRT encountered data it does not understand.

May 12 2017, 8:05 PM
 Has the problem resolved itself for both of you now? I'm keeping an eye on it, myself, but it looks like the slight change they made has been reverted again.

May 16 2017, 3:05 AM
 Woah, okay, so the problem cropped up again. I don't trust it not to keep happening, so I'll be pushing out a new version for now.

Jerry
Apr 29 2017, 5:26 PM
 Every few weeks SRT stops working. Gives an error message that it's stopperd working and I have to reinstall it. Is SRT setup with a time-limit?

Apr 30 2017, 2:48 AM
 Which version are you using and what provider are you connecting through? It would also be helpful to know what Operating System you use.

Jerry
May 2 2017, 9:39 PM
 I'm using the most current version and running Windows 8.1. Takes a few weeks for the error to show up. "Program has stopped working, windows can search for a solution.....yada yada"

Jerry
May 2 2017, 9:40 PM
 Also, we're on wildblue.net

May 3 2017, 10:14 AM
 Next time the error shows up, can you try to get more information from the error dialog? And if you've noticed any common factors or events in when the program hangs, that might be helpful, too... You mentioned reinstalling fixes it - do you clear and redo your configuration each time or just install over the top of the previous version with no changes? Does the program work if you start it up again without re-installing or does it immediately crash again?

Jerry
May 3 2017, 8:06 PM
 Yeah I have to reinstall and delete my configuration files to get it to work. Simply
 starting it up again causes it to crash.

May 3 2017, 10:31 PM
 Sounds like either the configuration or the database is becoming corrupted. Next time you have this problem, please do the following:

 Go to the folder %APPDATA%\RealityRipple Software\Satellite Restriction Tracker
 Move the "History-YOURACCOUNTNAME.wb" file to your desktop.
 Try opening the program again. If it works, the database is corrupt. Please send this file to me via E-Mail (you can click my username in these comments to send me an E-Mail now!). It has no private information in it other than usage numbers, and the name of the file has your account name, of course.
 If, however, SRT crashes again, I want you to move the user.config file to the desktop as well (delete the backup.config file afterward and you should be able to use SRT again until the problem re-occurs). Then drag the user.config file into your favorite simple text editor like Notepad, and find the <setting> tag with the name "PassCrypt". Delete the line below it containing the <value> tag and some weird letters (that was your password, encrypted and encoded). You can also remove your Account name if you want. Then, save the file and then send it to me via E-Mail.

 Either way, I should be able to track down and resolve the problem from whichever file is causing it. Sorry this is such a hassle to track down, but old WildBlue accounts aren't as plentiful as they used to be, and it's been a while since I've tested the code involved... But I'll get it resolved as soon as I can, with your help!

May 29 2017, 11:05 PM
 Jerry, I'm still waiting to hear back from you. Has the issue occurred again yet?

Jerry
Jun 30 2017, 8:23 PM
 Just had to reinstall again, same problem. Now all I get is no history...

Jul 1 2017, 3:36 AM
 Were you able to try any of the steps I asked about back in early May?

Page: «123...56789...121314»