David
Jan 7 2017, 5:34 AM
 My Norton now is blocking Satellite Restriction Tracker as a Malicious Website. Tracker not updating for 2 days now. I have Exede (Viasat) ans Windows 7 Pro

smokey92070
Jan 7 2017, 9:52 AM
 I do not have Norton,SRT down since 1/5/17

byyoulady
Jan 7 2017, 11:53 AM
 my SRT is down also. last successful connection was on 01-05-17 at 1:55 pm

Jan 8 2017, 1:50 PM
 I think the Norton site detection thing is a leftover from the previous version's false positive. I've reported it and it should be fixed shortly.

 Regarding Exede's failure as of the night of January 4th, I'm working on it. A new version with the fix should be out within the next day or two. I hope.

Robert
Jan 8 2017, 9:59 PM
 I also have not been able to connect since 1/5/17. But I am in the middle of testing OpenDNS Umbrella and trying to see if that might be the issue, but I see others reporting that same date.

Scherry
Jan 9 2017, 4:05 PM
 SRT v. 1.3.7 down since 1/5/17. When I hover over exclamation point, "Login Failed: Server redirected too many times." I use Exede.

TomC
Jan 9 2017, 4:49 PM
 Now getting 'Security protocol not supported for some reason'. Down since 1/5/17 11:11 AM, one success 1/8/17 8:15 AM.

Jan 9 2017, 6:46 PM
 Version 1.3.71 should resolve Exede issues for most users - For anyone using the Remote Usage Service or the TLS Proxy, I'm still working on getting the server to behave.

Robert
Jan 9 2017, 8:57 PM
 Thanks, the update fixed my issue.

Scherry
Jan 10 2017, 1:47 PM
 1.3.71 update worked. Exede, Windows 8. Thank you Andrew!

David
Jan 10 2017, 4:30 PM
 Update worked for me with Exede and tracker is working - thanks

Nick
Aug 5 2016, 2:58 PM
 Norton Security just flagged and quarantined Restrictiontracker as a security threat. I overrode it and restored it. Is there any reason to suspect SRT has been hacked?

Aug 5 2016, 9:34 PM
 Check the digital signature of the program. I sign everything with my own signature to ensure nothing's been modified. If it is safe, please report the file as a false positive.

George H
Aug 17 2016, 7:37 PM
 Same issue as Nick. Kaspersky quarantined the August update. Said there is a trojan embedded in it. Had the name but I lost it. Still using the last version without problems (Win 7)

Aug 17 2016, 11:14 PM
 Their online scanner didn't pick up on it. Please make sure your copy is also digitally signed. If the signature isn't broken, the file should be fine and if it's being reported as a virus, I'd ask you to let them know it's a false positive. If the signature has a problem, though, you might legitimately be infected with something.

Josh
Sep 26 2016, 6:29 PM
 For what it's worth, I just downloaded this and Windows Defender immediately flagged it as Trojan: Win32/Rundas!plock

 Hope that helps!

Oct 1 2016, 3:40 PM
 It seems like a few other AVs have also begun marking this version's installer as malicious. I'm trying to send it in to all the companies that are detecting it through False Positive submission forms, but it may still be a little while before things are cleared up. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Dennis
Oct 2 2016, 8:46 AM
 Kaspersky IS has flagged the following as a Trojan

 SRT_Setup 1.3.601.exe Trojan.MSIL.Agent.abybm

Oct 4 2016, 3:31 AM
 Still waiting on a response from Kaspersky and four more minor AV distributors.
 Microsoft and Fortinet have already updated their definitions and their respective softwares should no longer flag SRT's Setup, so good news for Windows 10 users!

Oct 7 2016, 10:08 PM
 Alright, Kaspersky's latest update has whitelisted SRT 1.3.601's Installer now, as has Symantec. Still waiting to hear back from a few others, but it should be cleared up soon. If you still can't update using Kasperky, go to Settings, Protection, Application Control, and click on Manage Applications under Rules for applications, personal data protection. Remove the REALITYRIPPLE SOFTWARE section from the Untrusted section by right-clicking it and hitting Remove from the list.
 I've also improved the update system in SRT to prompt you with a Retry/Cancel dialog instead mentioning the possibility of AntiVirus intervention, but that won't be until 1.3.7 is released.

Linus
Jul 18 2016, 11:49 PM
 Any news on a fix for Linux / Exede users?

Jul 19 2016, 4:32 PM
 I'm trying to write a proxy-like system using my website's server to send the TLS requests, but I can't be certain it will work... For now, your best bet on Linux, Mac, and Windows XP/Vista is the Remote Usage Service.

Jason
Jul 3 2016, 9:48 AM
 Checking in - Any update on SRT Linux?

 Looks like Mono released 4.4.1 on 6/21/16

Jul 5 2016, 2:20 PM
 The Release Notes for MONO 4.4.1 are pretty short... Even the 4.5 nightly build (which is a few months old now) doesn't have TLS 1.1 or 1.2 support yet. For now, the Remote Usage Service is an option, but I'm looking into possible temporary free alternatives, although they may be limited.

Jul 1 2016, 9:18 PM
 The day has finally arrived! My server has been updated and the new version of OpenSSL supports TLS 1.2! The Remote Usage Service will soon be up and fully functional once again! To all Windows Vista & XP users as well as all Linux and OS X users, you will be able to use the Remote Usage Service on your Operating Systems despite not having TLS 1.2 support - for anyone that isn't willing or able to pay for the service, I'm thinking of creating a more limited proxy that would allow one proxy-like connection every hour or two for free. This would not be the same as the Remote Usage Service and if it takes more than I can provide while keeping the Remote Usage Service up, it will be restricted or removed.

 Incidentally, the site downtime was due to a joke error I put into my site's code, which for some reason had a hard failure instead of a simple warning on the new version. If anyone notices any further issues while using the site, the program, or the service, please let me know!

Page: «123...7891011...131415»